e-KYC- Know Your Customer
What is KYC:
Know your customer (KYC) is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients. The term is also used to refer to the bank regulation which governs these activities.
Know your customer processes are also employed by companies of all sizes for the purpose of ensuring their proposed agents, consultants, or distributors are antibribery compliant. Banks, insurers and export creditors are increasingly demanding that customers provide detailed anti-corruption due diligence information, to verify their probity and integrity. Know your customer policies are becoming much more important globally to prevent identity theft, financial fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing.
What is Aadhaar KYC:
Aadhaar ekyc is a paperless Know Your Customer (KYC) process, wherein the Identity and Address of the subscriber are verified electronically through Aadhaar Authentication.
Financial Inclusion: By providing a digital ID that can be verified online and also provide approved KYC, Aadhaar has provided a gateway for millions to avail formal financial services in a hassle free manner.
Aadhaar based e-KYC Services
Aadhaar based Authentication is a process by which Aadhaar number along with Aadhaar holder’s personal information (biometric/demographic) is submitted to UIDAI and UIDAI responds only with a “Yes/No”. The purpose of authentication is to enable Residents to provide their identity and for the service providers to supply services and give access to the benefits.NSDL e-Gov also provides e-KYC services of UIDAI to entities whereby the KYC details of a Resident like Name, Address, Date of Birth, Gender, Photograph, Mobile No., e-mail ID (if available) are provided by UIDAI in a secured manner to the end user.
Aadhaar based authentication and e-KYC services are available to different sectors of the industry ranging from Banks, Insurance companies, Government Organizations, Passport Offices, Airports, Depository Participants, Payment Gateway Provider, etc.
Benefits(Advantages) of Aadhaar based e-KYC
- Promotes paperless environment
- Compliant with latest standards notified in IT, Amendment Rules 2011
- Authorization of Resident thereby protecting Resident privacy
- No risk of forged documents
- Elimination of paper verification, movement and storage
- Real time and instantaneous results
Aadhaar eKyc Acceptance Organization Names:
- Reserve Bank Of India
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
- Department of Revenue
- Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Pensions Funds Regulation and Development Authority
- Forward Markets Commission Central Government:
- Department of Telecommunications /Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
- Min of Panchayati Raj / RGSY
- Indian Railways
- Passport Seva
- Department of Revenue CBDT New Delhi for Income-tax Dept State Government:
- Govt of Himachal Pradesh
- Govt of UT Chandigarh
- Govt of Haryana
- Govt of Tripura
- Govt of Punjab
- Govt of Sikkim
- Govt of Jharkhand
- Govt of Andhra Pradesh
- Govt of Uttar Pradesh