Documents Required for Ration Card
If you want to obtain Ration Card from your state government, you will have to provide any of the following documents with ration card application form.
Ration Card Document Proofs:
- Voter ID Card
- Electricity Bill in the name of Head of Family.
- Telephone Bill
- Water Bill issued by Public Health Department/ Issuing Authority.
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Valid Passport
- Identity card issued by the Government or by Public Sector Undertakings
- Proof of residence: Copy of any of the following documents showing the residence address of the applicant
- Latest LPG receipt on the name of the applicant
- Name mentioned in the Family Register
- Three passport-sized photographs of the applicant
Any other relevant document issued by any Government/ Semi-Government Agency. The applicant will have to provide Family Photo (including all members whose names are mentioned for Ration Card ) to the department. The photo may be attested by any gazetted officer/ MC/ MLA/ MP/ Municipal Councillor/ SDM/ Tehsildar etc. The rule may be varying state to state. If you are unable to provide a valid identity proof, need not worry. You can make written request to District Food Supply Officer. Upon your request, the food supply department will conduct inquiry and take statements of your neighbours as a witness.